Friday, September 19, 2008

the events are coming, the events are coming

It's official. Event season is upon us. We have 12 events from this Sunday until November 19. Needless to say, as the only event planner at my job, I'm going to be pretty darn busy from now until the end of November. While it's definitely a lot of work - tiring work that I am very unappreciated for - I'd much rather be busy than bored, and planning events is what I do. It's what I love to do.

There is definitely an excitement I feel on days or nights of events. I love to see all the hard work I put in to something come to life. Even if I get yelled at for little things that may go slightly wrong, and I'm often not thanked properly for all the things I did right, I know in my heart I did a great job. All of the events I've helped plan so far have been successful, well-attended and well-liked.

So anyway, while I've had time to post during the day over the past few months, I don't think that will be the case for the upcoming months. I'll definitely have a lot to share though, so I'm hoping to get some good weekend blogging in.

P.S. - Last night I finished the Nicholas Sparks book Nights in Rodanthe, which was recently made into a movie starring Richard Gere (who I just love) and Diane Lane, coming out in theaters on September 26. Amazing. What a romantic, yet tragic, story. If you are a sucker for romance, I would definitely recommend reading this book. I'm a pretty slow reader, but I finished this one in less than a week, probably because I had a tough time putting it down at night. It was so touching, yet also relatable to pretty much anyone who has ever been in love. Really, it was a great book, and I am very excited for the movie - anyone want to come see it with me?

No comments: