Monday, February 16, 2009

three-day weekend

I've been having such a nice, relaxing three-day weekend. Sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered - relaxation. Not that I don't do a fair share of relaxing on a normal basis, but I like to get a lot done on the weekends. I like to make plans. I like to take trips. And those kinds of weekends are great, too, but sometimes a few days of doing nothing does a body (and mind) good.

I saw the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic with my mom, which was just so cute, even if it seemed to be loosely based on the first two books in the series by Sophie Kinsella. Putting comparisons with the books aside, the movie was funny and cute and quite enjoyable. We also watched Nights in Rodanthe, which was definitely more similar to the book. Movie adaptations of books never really match up, do they? But still I think it's possible to enjoy, if you can sort of forget about all the little differences. I knew Nights in Rodanthe would be sad (the movie couldn't have been that different than the book), but I guess I sort of forgot just how sad it was. Such a tragic romantic story, but such a good one.

The remainder of the weekend was spent counting calories, doing a little shopping, cooking, sleeping, jdating and lounging around the house. And that's about it. Sounds like a pretty successful weekend of relaxation to me.

No comments: