Thursday, March 5, 2009

forced break life wrap-up

Life is a bit crazy. Mainly work life, actually. For those of you who don't know, I am an event planner at a school, and we are just jam-packed with events right now. At least one event a week for the next month, and three this week alone. Today, amidst an event, I am forcing myself a break to write a short, little blog post to clear my head.

Other than work, I haven't been doing all that much as of late. We had a crazy snow storm Sunday night into Monday, and I was lucky enough to have a snow day! I was very happy going back to sleep after my 6:15 a.m. alert that work was canceled, drinking hot tea and doing things around the house. I also helped my mom shovel a bit, which was absolutely exhausting and left us both sore for days. And I managed to get myself outside for a little fun with my golden retriever, who had a blast rolling around in 10+ inches of fluffy, white snow.

This Saturday I'm meeting Vic in the city for brunch, and possibly a broadway show. We haven't seen each other in a while, and with her moving to Puerto Rico in two weeks, it might be a while before we can see each other again. (Although I'm hoping to be able to take a trip or two to visit her down there at some point. Yay warm, sunny vacation!) And Sunday I have to work. Boo.

And that is all. Time to get back to work.

No comments: