Tuesday, May 12, 2009

can't contain the excitement

My personal blogging has taken a serious backseat to: a) personal tweeting, b) blogging for work and c) tweeting for work. I am just in social networking technology overdrive. And I have to admit, I like it. It's exciting getting e-mails that random companies and organizations are "following" me or my office. It's fun seeing who is "re-tweeting" or replying to my tweets. I'm really enjoying learning all the ins and outs of these new sites and tools. Honestly, it's one of the most exciting things going on in my life right now...sadly.

Actually, that's a lie. I finally booked my trip to Puerto Rico to see Vic, which is incredibly exciting, and scary all at the same time. My first reaction is definite excitement, and then I remember I have to fly there and back alone - something I've never done before. Scary. I'm really glad I'm doing it though. I need it. I need to go see Vic, since I haven't seen her since late February. I need to have a nice, relaxing, fun vacation. I need to escape my life for a little while. And I need to take the trip alone for the experience, and to know I can do it.

The trip isn't for a few months, but we're already planning for it. My reflectively white skin might actually melt off, but I'll just have to deal with that and bring lots of SPF 70. I'm going for 8 full days (and 2 half days - getting there Thursday evening; leaving the next Saturday afternoon). Vic will be at work for some of those days, but I'll be a good wifey and have a hot meal waiting for her when she gets home. I plan on doing a fair amount of cooking and baking while there - we'll see if that actually happens. The days Vic is home will be spent on the beach, with her roomates and friends, going out in San Juan, shopping, etc. It's going to be a lot of fun, I'm sure, and I really can't wait. It can't come soon enough.

4 comments:

Jacob Da Jew said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Soooo excited to see you! PS - we saw each other in March too I think right?? When did we do HAIR?

curleegirlee said...

Yes! You are right...that was early March when we saw Hair!

Anonymous said...

:) Still excited to see you...